This soup is pretty light, but flavorful. Throw in some summer squash, and you've got a perfectly tasty soup that's pretty quick and easy. I used white (shiro) miso since it has a lighter flavor, but you could switch that out with red (aka) miso for a stronger flavor or use a mix of the two for something in between. :) I'll just go to the recipe now since I'm still trying to get things back on track after 3 weeks in Southeast Asia (pictures coming soon)!
|green onion, chopped|
- Boil water/stock, zucchini, and onion.
- Simmer until zucchini and onion cooked.
- Dissolve miso in a small amount of water/stock so that the beneficial bacteria are not killed off.
- Mix the miso solution back with the rest of the soup.
- Garnish with green onions.