I'd made cranberry scones before, and I wanted to try another kind of scone, so when I saw this recipe on Skinny Taste, I knew I had to feature it on Five Friday Finds. I mean, who doesn't want to eat a chocolate chip cookie for breakfast - and guilt free?! Plus, these chocolate chip scones are quick and simple to make!
I also added some nuts since I like my chocolate chip cookies with walnuts. Walnuts have lots of antioxidants and heart healthy omega-3s. You can add any extras you like in your chocolate chip cookies to these scones and make them even tastier!
Yield: 12 servings
|2 teaspoons||vanilla extract|
|2 cups||flour||I used half whole wheat and half white.|
|1 tablespoon||baking powder|
|3/4 cup||chocolate chips|
- Gather all materials.
- Cut butter into flour.
- Add baking powder and chocolate chips, forming the Dry Team.
- Beat egg with buttermilk, sugar, and vanilla, forming the Wet Team.
- Combine two teams, mixing until just combined.
- Roll out and cut into 12 pieces.
- Bake at 375F until golden, about 20 minutes.