We were having a cookie swap at work, so I needed to make some cookies - prize money was at stake! After browsing through several cookie recipes, I finally settled on this recipe from This Week for Dinner. The crispy crunch sealed the deal. How could you resist soft cookies with a crispy crunchy bite? You satisfy both sides - those who prefer crispy cookies and those who prefer soft cookies - at once! Although these cookies turned crunchy after cooling down, we really liked the taste and soft crunchiness of these cookies straight out of the oven.
Give these cookies a try and see what you think!
Yield: 48 cookies
|10 ounces||chocolate chips|
|1 cup||brown sugar|
|1/2 tablespoon||vanilla extract|
|1/2 teaspoon||baking soda|
|1.5 cups||crispy crunch||or cripsed rice cereal|
- Gather all materials.
- Form Wet Team by creaming sugars and butter and then beating in eggs and vanilla.
- Form Dry Team by mixing baking soda, flour, and oats.
- Combine Wet Team and Dry Team, then stir in crispy crunch and chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookies onto a baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Freeze or refrigerate for at least 60 minutes.
- Bake at 350F for 12 minutes, rotating pan halfway through.