I'm excited to introduce Kelly from Semi Homemade Mom! I'm definitely a fan of efficiency, and she shares quite a few shortcuts to get your meal on the table faster or more efficiently. :) A slow cooker is one really good way to decrease the amount of work needed to get a totally tasty meal, so I hope you'll all give Kelly a warm welcome as she shares her Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken!
Hello Morsels Of Life readers! My name is Kelly, also known as the Semi Homemade Mom. I'm an elementary teacher and I live in Pennsylvania with my husband Paul and two little boys, Silas (3) and Wesley (15 months). I love finding shortcuts in the kitchen and sharing my recipes with you. I hope you'll join me!
One of my prized possessions is my Crockpot. Seriously, I'm not sure what I did without that thing! I use it at least once a week and I LOVE trying new things in the Crockpot. Did you know you can cook a "rotisserie" chicken in your slow cooker?? SO easy and SO good, I'm telling you! No need to dirty lots of pans either, just plop the chicken in there with the rub and you're good to go!
from Busy Mommy
A complete rotisserie chicken - seasoned and cooked in the crockpot.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6 hours
Total time: 6 hours, 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 4 pound whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried, minced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- Spray inside of the crockpot, in goes chicken!
- In separate bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients to form a paste. Add a little water if needed.
- Rub paprika mixture all over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 6 hours or on high 3 hours. Mine was actually done a lot sooner than that because I had one of those nifty pop up thingys, see:
YUM! Mouth watering dinner with lots of leftover chicken, too!
Thanks so much CJ for having me today, I hope to see you all over at Semi Homemade Mom sometime!