Since we had such a plethora of strawberries, I figured I'd make some sort of breakfast type food. We both liked the Garlic Parmesan Swirl Biscuits and Cheddar Bacon Swirl Biscuits. We also liked the Raspberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast. How could I combine these ideas in an easy "on the go" breakfast? Maybe a strawberry cream cheese swirl biscuit? It sounded like the perfect idea. We wanted a bit more berry flavor (plus - plethora of strawberries!) so I blended a cup or so with cream cheese. (Super easy way to make your own flavored cream cheese too!)
So now you've got your cream cheese. All's that's left is the biscuit part. Also super simple with some DIY Bisquick. Simply throw the DIY Bisquick with some water and roll out. Spread some of your awesome cream cheese on top, roll it all up and you're ready to bake (and gobble)!
I started out with blueberry cream cheese. (So mine were actually mixed berry swirl biscuits, but that just seemed a bit clunky - we'll just keep it our little secret.) This recipe also makes much more cream cheese than needed for one batch of these biscuits. So go ahead - make lots of batches, use it on bagels or toast. You can even spread a bit more on top of the biscuits before eating!
Yield: 12 servings
|1 cup||strawberries, chopped|
|8 ounces||cream cheese|
|2.5 cups||Bisquick||or instant flour mix|
- Gather all materials.
- Pulse cream cheese and berries in food processor until desired texture. I went for homogeneous.
- Pour 1/2 cup water into 2.5 cups of DIY Bisquick, and mix until combined.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over dough.
- Roll up dough (like a fruit roll-up or jelly roll).
- Cut into 1 inch segments.
- Bake at 350F until golden brown and delicious.