I know everyone's got their own favorite banana bread. I do too. But, I'm also always on the lookout for something new, and this banana bread fits the bill. Those of you who know me know I don't generally go for anything "low fat," "low cal," "sugar free," or diet anything - might as well call that stuff "fun free" as far as I'm concerned! But then I thought I could give it a try - just to prove it's untastiness, you know? Well, I didn't quite achieve that. Although this banana bread doesn't necessarily taste exactly like your standard banana bread, I found it a surprisingly moist bread. Give this bread a try and see what you think!
Yield: 1 loaf
|1 tablespoon||vanilla extract|
|1.75 cups||flour||I used 3/4 cup whole wheat and 1 cup white.|
|2 teaspoons||baking powder|
|1/2 teaspoon||baking soda|
- Gather all materials.
- Beat eggs and sugar until thick, roughly 5 minutes.
- Add in Wet Team (bananas, milk, vinegar, oil, vanilla), mixing until homogeneous.
- Mix in Dry Team (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt) until just moistened.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle oatmeal on top, gently pressing on.
- Bake at 325F until golden brown and delicious.