I still had some shrimp left over after making Firecracker Shrimp, and I was once again in that place - you know, the one where it's almost meal time, but you've yet to prepare anything. It's a place I frequently find myself. Luckily, I've been able to find (and thus, share) a variety of methods to get out of that place. Today, I'll be sharing another way to rescue yourself - with these buttery grilled shrimp. I totally recommend actually grilling these on a regular grill, but since I'm living in an apartment that bans grills, I used a George Foreman, and it still turned out pretty well. If you're unlike me, and you're actually organized and plan ahead, you could marinate the shrimp to make them more flavorful, but that's certainly optional. These shrimp are primarily flavored with butter and lemon juice, but have a hint of garlic and a little kick from the chili pepper flakes.
Buttery Grilled Shrimp by
Succulent buttery shrimp with just a slight kick and a hint of garlic.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2-4 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chili pepper, flakes or powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, minced or powder
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Skewer shrimp. (optional)
- Mix all materials to form sauce. Marinate if desired.
- Grill shrimp until pink, basting with sauce.