We recently got some zucchini/squash, and as I searched through my recipes, I found two recipes that were pretty similar. I wanted to use squash, but I also thought making some fries would be fun. Fries are one of those things that are so tasty, even though they are not all that complex - generally being some variety of fried potato sticks. However, these zucchini fries are different. First off, they are made from zucchini (and thus zucchini fries). :P Second, they are baked, and not fried. Even though they are baked, they're still crispy with a bit of crunch. In addition to the Vitamin A and Vitamin C present in zucchini/squash, since these fries are baked, they're a bit healthier, while remaining deliciously crispy and flavorful, not to mention, easy! These zucchini fries could serve as an alternative for regular fries, and they're good as a side or on their own!
|zucchini/squash (sliced to sticks)|
|2 slices||bread, crumbs|
|cheese||Romano or Parmesan work well|
- Mix bread crumbs, oregano, and cheese (optional).
- Dip zucchini in egg and shake off excess.
- Cover egged zucchini in bread crumbs and shake off excess.
- Place zucchini on baking sheet in a single layer and a bit of space around each stick.
- Bake at 400F until crisp and golden brown.