I needed to make another side, and I had a lot of fresh vegetables, so I started thinking about caramelized onions with green peppers, but that wasn't quite what I felt like making this time. Looking over what I had available to me and also wanting something quick and easy, I started thinking about stir fries. Stir fries are just about one of the quickest and easiest cooking methods I know. Another thing that makes them so great is the incredible amount of flexibility you have with each one. You can substitute in just about any vegetables and come out with something tasty and delicious. You could even change the sauces and seasonings to suit your preferences. Stir fries are highly elastic recipes! What's not to like about a quick and easy cooking method that's near impossible to mess up?
|sesame oil||or other oil|
|chili pepper flakes|
|vegetables, thick julienne||I used zucchini, bell peppers, onion, and carrots.|
- Heat oil with chili pepper flakes, garlic, ginger, and onions until garlic fragrant and onions partially caramelized.
- Add in remaining vegetables and toss so that they are slightly coated in oil. You may want to add in the vegetables at differing times so that they are all ready at the same time.
- Toss occasionally until all vegetables are cooked to desired level of tenderness.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
- You could also toss the vegetables with some noodles for an Asian style "pasta primavera."