I figured I would give this baked flounder with cheese sauce a try, having never made flounder (or really, anything else) in a cheese sauce. This recipe is pretty simple and straightforward - season the flounder, bake, and pour sauce on top. I also sprinkled some additional cheese on top just for fun! I was a bit nervous making the sauce because I had never made a sauce starting off with butter and then adding flour and milk, but it was both simple and quick! I just swirled the pot around a bit, and that's all it took. Yay for not having to clean another utensil! If I were to make this flounder again, I would probably add a bit more lemon juice and possibly some other herbs (maybe rosemary?). Although this version is not bad, some extra flavor is always welcome!
|8 ounces||2||flounder fillets|
|1 tablespoon||onion powder|
|1 teaspoon||lemon juice|
- Make a paste with the onion powder, lemon juice, celery seeds, salt, pepper, and any other herbs or spices desired.
- Place fillets in a baking dish and spread paste on top.
- Bake at 400F until almost flaky.
- Make sauce by stirring flour into melted butter and adding milk and cheese.
- Pour sauce over fish and sprinkle additional cheese on top, baking again until fish flakes.