I had made some maple acorn squash, and I thought maple salmon would create a good pairing. This dish is another quick and easy meal (and you could add some greens or other vegetables to create a more balanced meal than I apparently did)! Simply take ginger, soy sauce, and maple syrup and mix with salmon, then bake. The sweetness of the maple counters the saltiness of the soy sauce and creates a salmon with a sweetly savory sauce.
|ginger, julienned, minced, or sliced|
- Spread a small amount of ginger on the bottom of a dish (or save and use as a garnish).
- Pour soy sauce over ginger.
- Place salmon over ginger.
- Pour a thin layer of maple syrup on top of the salmon.
- Bake at 375F until the salmon flakes.
- Pour sauce over salmon.