After making the quick and easy teriyaki salmon, I was thinking about how to make it into a better, more well rounded meal. I thought about maybe doing something similar to the duck noodle soup I had made a while back, but with the teriyaki salmon. I have also been trying various miso soups, including pond scum soup v 2.0. I incorporated various aspects of each of those, and the result was something better than each of the parts! And so, without further ado...
|shiitake mushrooms, sliced|
|green onions, sliced|
|water or stock|
- Boil the shiitake mushrooms in stock or water.
- Cook the noodles.
- Mix the miso into some of the slightly cooled stock or water.
- Divide the noodles into bowls, and pour the broth over them. If using spinach, add it to the stock or water just before pouring over the noodles or to the noodles just before pouring the water or stock over them.
- Pour the miso into each bowl.
- Garnish with kim and green onions.