I’m not sure how this stir fry combo got started, but I think it was a combination of what happened to be in the refrigerator at the time, Chinese restaurant food, and mirepoix. I think the first time I made it, I had to use up some celery and didn’t have much other than carrots in the refrigerator. Onions and some sort of nut, I usually keep as pantry staples. Either way, it’s a colorful, tasty, and aromatic combination of celery, carrots, and onions, topped with cashews.
|1 pound||beef, stir fry strips|
- Cook the garlic and ginger in oil until fragrant.
- Add onions and cook until semi-translucent.
- Add soy sauce.
- Add beef, and cook that until it’s mostly done.
- Add carrots and celery and cook until finished, but still a bit crispy.
- Top with cashews when ready to serve. If you put the cashews on too early, they tend to get soggy and lose their crunchiness. I used whole cashews in the picture, but I usually prefer to chop the cashews into 2-3 pieces.